This section is about the Aston-Martin Virage, the last of the true hand-built Astons. I’ve owned one for the last 16 years or so, and have learned a lot of expensive lessons. This set of pages contains a summary of what I have learned. Just about everything interesting has been discovered by my talented brother-in-law, who lovingly looks after it in Yorkshire.
Individual articles about the Virage are listed below the picture. We have more info to add on spare part availability etc, and will extend the content intermittently over time. Below is the list of current Virage pages – as we find solutions to more problems this list will extend…..
August 2018. Apologies to readers and commenters for the lack of updates and late comment approvals for the last two years. This has been brought about by the advent of our first grandchild, who we spent a great deal of time with in 2017, and a hip operation in 2018, which also laid me back a bit. In that time we amassed quite a backlog of excellent tips from G, and from readers also, and I am now starting to put these up on the site, starting with the cheapest Virage repair known to man – the radiator sensor seals. Thanks once again for your patience, and heartfelt thanks to G for his amazing work in finding solutions to Virage problems, and then providing me with notes and photos to create this website.
- The Virage Engine
- Maintaining the Virage engine
- Removing water from the Virage petrol tank
- Virage relays – one cause of the one-way journey
- Virage immobiliser – the elusive wiring diagram is tracked down
- Virage – fixing cracked vacuum pipes
- Virage radiator sensor seals
- Virage Brakes and Suspension joints
- Virage relays in detail – first place to look if you have over-revving or uneven running problems
- Virage reversing lights/start inhibit
- Virage timing chain tensioner and guide replacement
- Virage fuel filler cap fix – stop water getting into the fuel tank.
- Virage water temperature and throttle sensors – a possible cause of overrunning
- Virage – VIC problems, possible solutions and how to access it
- Virage – adding an aftermarket speedo/odo